Emergency Department (A&E)
Before visiting an emergency clinic, call the Medical Helpline (Päivystysapu) first.
Medical Helpline 116 117
- The line is open 24/7, intended for urgent problems or emergency care.
Non-urgent appointment booking and advice +358 (0)15 211 411
- The line for non-urgent appointment booking and advice (appointments in Anttola, Haukivuori, Hirvensalmi, Mikkeli, Ristiina and Suomenniemi).
In the event of an emergency, call the emergency number 112
The interprofessional emergency services at Mikkeli Central Hospital, Porrassalmenkatu 35–37, Mikkeli, are at your service 24/7 in urgent cases of illness or crisis.
The interprofessional emergency services include
- emergency treatment of illnesses and injuries
- emergency mental health and substance abuse services
- emergency social and crisis services
- emergency child welfare services
- the emergency ward
Patients are directed to emergency services either by paramedics, by referral from a physician or by calling the Medical Helpline (assessment of the need for treatment). To facilitate the use of the emergency services, you should bring a list of the medicines you are taking and your Sicness Insurance Card (SII Card / Kela Card).
Assessment of the urgency of the need for treatment
When you arrive at an emergency clinic, take a number and wait for your turn to be assessed for your need for treatment.
At emergency clinics, patients are treated in order of urgency, so you should prepare to wait. Every day, emergency clinics treat 100–200 patients for urgent health problems. The duration of a visit to an emergency clinic is also affected by any examinations performed, such as X-rays and laboratory tests.
- Patients in need of immediate treatment > treated immediately
- Patients needing to be treated soon > short waiting period
- Other patients in need of emergency treatment > the waiting period may be several hours