COVID19 vaccination in Essote region
COVID-19 vaccine is voluntary and free of charge in Finland, and it is recommended to everyone over the age of 12. COVID-19 vaccines provide protection against the severe form of the disease. Vaccine will be given in two doses for at least 6 weeks interval. Third dose is also available for over 18 years of age.
Non-residents and foreigners staying in the region for a long time, at least 3 months, are vaccinated at Essote vaccination points. Also Finnish expatriates can get vaccinated in region. Otherwise vaccination is available in their home municipalities. Vaccines are not given to tourists or others who visit region (or Finland) for a short period, less than 3 months.
More information about vaccines on Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare website www.thl.fi
INTERVALS FOR DOSES
1. dose: all people over 12 years of age (Walk In) and for children 5–11 years of age (Appointment only)
2. dose: available at least 6 weeks after the first dose (Ajanvaraus tai Walk In)
– all people within 18–59 years of age at 4 months after 2. dose (Appointment or Walk In)
– all people over 60 years of age at 3 months after 2. dose (Appointment or Walk In)
– people over 12 years of age with severe lack of immunity system at 2 months after 2. dose (Appointment or Walk In)
4. rokoteannos: people over 12 years of age with severe lack of immunity system at 3 months after 3. dose (Appointment)
How to book?
There are vaccination points in each Essote region community. These are Mikkeli, Hirvensalmi, Juva, Kangasniemi, Mäntyharju, Pertunmaa and Puumala. An appointment can be booked through the online appointment service, which is available only in Finnish (more guidelines below): BOOK HERE
First you need to select the community nearest to you for your vaccination site. Then enter your first name (Etunimi), last name (Sukunimi), year of birth (Syntymävuosi) and mobile number with the country code of your phone provider (Puhelinnumero). Then you may proceed to calendar view (Siirry Ajanvarauskalenteriin) and select an appropriate date and time for your vaccination.
You may also book an appointment by phone +358 40 3599 781 (Monday to Friday 8–9 AM)
TIPS FOR VACCINATION APPOINTMENT
- Do not arrive if having any symptoms of COVID-19 infection
- Use a face mask for entire appointment
- Use a hand sanitizer when arriving and leaving
- Keep a safety distance of 2 meters to other people
- Prepare to identify yourself (Passport, ID-card or Kela-Card)
- Wear to easily reveal your upper arm
- After vaccination wait 15 minutes in proximity for possible allergic reactions
FOR YOUNG PEOPLE (12–17 years)
The under-aged may decide themselves if they want to be vaccinated if the health care professional administering the vaccine considers that, based on their age and development level, the child or young person is sufficiently mature to decide on the matter on their own. There is no legal age limit on a child’s right to self-determination, and the matter is evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
If the young person is unwilling or unable to decide independently, the consent of each of the child’s parents or guardians is required.
The vaccinations are voluntary. Those aged 12-17 will be offered the Biontech-Pfizer Comirnaty and Moderna vaccines. Comirnaty and Moderna are an mRNA vaccines.
ESSOTE Vaccination POINTS
There are COVID-19 vaccination sites in Mikkeli (4 sites), Hirvensalmi, Juva, Kangasniemi, Mäntyharju, Pertunmaa and Puumala. You can choose the vaccination site you prefer, regardless of where you live.
MIKKELIN KESKUSSAIRAALA (MIKKELI CITY HOSPITAL)
Address: Porrassalmenkatu 35-37, 50100 Mikkeli
Enter the main entrance and take direct left
MIKKELI, ANTTOLAN HYVINVOINTIASEMA
Address: Taipaleentie 27-29, 52100 Anttola
MIKKELI, RISTIINAN HYVINVOINTIASEMA
Address: Brahentie 10, 52300 Ristiina
Address: Kankaalantie 4, 51600 Haukivuori
Address: Keskustie 4, 52550 Hirvensalmi
Address: Sairaalatie 3, 51900 Juva
Address: Sairaalantie 13, 51200 Kangasniemi
Address: Sairaalantie 3, 52700 Mäntyharju
Address: Virastokuja 1, 19430 Pertunmaa
Address: Niementie 26, 52200 Puumala